As we come to the end of another year (and what a year or three!) and the beginning of the holiday season we naturally get into a more reflective state.
If you do find yourself looking back, here are some categories you may wish to consider:
1) Highlights – what have been some wins, successes and achievement you feel good about?
2) Lowlights – what have been some challenges or struggles you have had or are working through. Remember there is no shame here – we all suffer from the human condition! 🙂
Acknowledgement and ownership are the initial steps in any breakthrough.
3) Unexpected – what have been some things which were unanticipated or a surprise? Typically this can be a mixed bag of ‘good’ and ‘not so good’ stuff. How did this pan our?
4) Learnings – what did you learn this year? This is more than the domain of learning new skills. What did you learn about life, other people, relationships and most of all, yourself?
Self-awareness is the foundation of developing your emotional and spiritual intelligence.
5) Gratitude and appreciation – what are some things and who are the folks you want to acknowledge both in your thoughts and outwardly?
Looking ahead at 2023, think about what you may want to create/focus on/set goals and advance both personally and in your work and business life?
But most of all in this newsletter, I want to wish you nothing but the best of the festive/holiday season with your whanau or whoever you are celebrating with.
Take care and thank you for being part of my newsletter community.